Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In the Beginning

Hello world! For this first post, I thought I would describe what sort of exciting and interesting things this blog will bring to the Weblands. Hold onto your mouse. The adventure is about to begin.

We do it every day. We pass people on the street, in the office or in the bathroom, but we never really take the time to see people. Sure, we see a glimpse of their form in the corners of our eyes, but we never really take the time to see the actual person.

Have you ever looked at someone and thought, I wonder why that person is that way? It could be the man who sits by the fountain everyday on his lunch break who only eats half of his sandwich and throws the rest to the birds, the woman who wears the same straw hat whenever she leaves her house or the boy who carries the uninterested girl's books for her wherever she goes.

All of these people have a story; something that makes them the way they are. I am going to observe these people. I'm going to tell their stories and do the best to explain why I believe they do the things they do. I will use research and theories from psychologists and other professionals on human behavior to try to back up my thoughts, so that I'm not just some random girl writing nonsense on here.

My goal is not only to explain a little bit about human behavior, but also to bring some hidden stories to the surface. Good deeds and great happenings occur without ever being recognized. I'm going to do my best to bring them to light. It is my hope that I can brighten someone's day with an interesting and beautiful story constructed by the human condition, and possibly even inspire others to notice the people around them a bit more closely. There will be laughter, tears, confusion and hopefully some of those "hmm ... that's interesting ... " kind of moments as well. I'm excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment